Friday, June 4, 2010

C-Tug Kayak Cart

This is my review of the C-Tug kayak cart. I have used it enough now that I think I can honestly give a good review.
The C-Tug is one of the most versatile carts on the market. It isn't very well known, which surprises me since I have found it to be such a great product. The big selling point of the cart is its ability to break down into smaller parts for an easy stow and go. Most of the carts I have looked at aren't able to disassemble and are often stuck in the back of a kayak taking up room or getting in the way.
One of the nice but smaller things I have learned to love about the C-Tug is that it floats. That doesn't seem like it would be a big deal, but when I launch my yak, I roll it right into the water and start paddling out. Once I am out into the water, I unstrap the cart and let it float out to the side. Disassembling the cart is simple and only takes less than a minute to do, so I don't waste any time fighting it or putting it into the hatch. The same goes for leaving the water. I often push the cart under the yak well before I get close to the shore, and then just walk it right out. Very convenient.
The strap is simple and easy to pull tight around your kayak. I have found that it does unlatch from time to time, but its so easy to put back on and keep moving that I don't find my self muttering under my breath.
Overall, if I was to rate the C-Tug, I would give it a 10 out of 10. It has made moving a 70 pound kayak (closer to 80 with gear and extra stuff for the kids) virtually effortless. The times when kayaks were man handled and lifted by hand are gone. This is the only way to go. C-Tug. An online video demonstration.







1 comment:

Hal said...

How much does it weigh?